19 fast, easy recipes!]
1) I'm cooking most of my own food, so I know what goes into it
2) I'm more likely to just get a salad (with dressing on the side) when I eat at a restaurant that doesn't have a gluten-free menu, helping me meet my weight management goals
3) I can't succumb to the temptation of workplace pizza or doughnuts when they appear
4) I'm more mindful of the nutritients and calories I'm putting into my body
5) I've gotten to experiment with new foods and have found some new things to add to my list of favorites, and they are healthy (Beets! Brussels sprouts!)
6) I've befriended nutritional yeast as a replacement for some of the B vitamins I lost with enriched carbs, and I LOVE it!
7) I've come up with new ways to prepare vegetables and make them satisfying as the MAIN dish
8) I've begun using condiments in interesting ways (yellow mustard on broccoli is delicious!)
9) Nuts and beans are great protein sources, AND they make good dips, spreads and hummuses (or is that hummi?)
10) (This should be number 1!) I generally feel so much better and have so much more energy!
What gifts have you found from having to live gluten-free?